Water Bill Customer Assistance
This is the customer assistance application to help Philadelphians who are having trouble paying their water bills.
If you’re struggling to pay your water bill, this application is for you.
Fill out the first part of the application online or you may call (215) 685-6300 to request an application be mailed to you.
You have 14 days from when you request the application to when you must return it. You will also need to make photocopies of documents to send back with the application.
When applying online, you won’t be able to save your progress, so you’ll need to be prepared to complete the application all at once. The application takes most people about an hour to complete.
Be sure you have every document you’ll need and access to a scanner or a camera (like the one on your phone) so you can submit your documents electronically.
You will need the following to apply. Do not send originals.
1. Water Access Code (found on your bill)
You will need the 9-digit number in the upper right of any recent water bill (click the question mark for the example)
2. Social Security Number:
We will ask for first and last name, birthdate and SSN.
3. Proof of residency for applicant:
The item must be dated within the past 6 months. Include ONLY ONE of the following items:
- Current government issued ID with current address (driver's license or ID card) OR
- Current rental agreement, or aggreement for sale for the dwelling unit. OR
- Recent utility bill, tax bill, or other tax record. OR
- Lease, rent book, or money order receipts that show your address.
4. Proof of all members' income:
For each person in your household (age 18 or older), please gather proof of all income using the following list of acceptable documents:
- Prior year's federal income tax return (you'll just need the page that shown name gross income.) OR
- Pay stubs (must be consecutive and cover at least 30 days) OR
- Benefit award letter or statement, such as: Unemployment compensation printout, Workers comensation award, Social Security letter, Pension letter, or Welfare benefits statement. OR
- Income support statement – For example, if you receive Child Support, we'll ask for some proof of the current amount and source, such as: A letter from childsupport.state.pa.us (you will need to login to the site), or Fill out the page of the application called "Attachment A: Income Support Documentation"